Friday, September 29, 2006
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Monday, September 25, 2006
Friday, September 22, 2006
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
Saturday, September 16, 2006
- James Patrick Dwyer is now part of our lives. Gayle is well and happy after feeling pretty ill throughout her pregnancy.
- Got an email from Channel Seven and Nikki & I have been invited to audition for -wait for it- Deal Or No Deal! BOO-YEAH !!! We've made a pact that we will split the five bucks either of us win if we get on.
- Got a call from my agency to say they are putting me forward for an interview that pays more. I am crossing my fingers on this one. And I'm not going to talk about it. The last job I went for, I told everyone that it was in the bag and I was moving on, only to be told it was not to be. As Ernest Hemingway once said "If you talk about it, you lose it".
- Got to go out with some good friends to a great pub last night. Had a fabulous meal,shared a few jugs of beer and danced to some thumping tunes. Got home around 12.30 and passed out in front of the telly.
- Tiki Bar tonight and looking forward to a Mai Tai with our lovely regulars.
And it's the weekend. How I love it. It's also a beautiful day. I'm going to open all the windows and doors to let the fresh air and sunshine in.
Looking forward to the coming week. It's my birthday on Wednesday. I've got the day off to have lunch with my family,then to go shopping for a new dress. I've got tango in the evening and no doubt will be spoilt by Di and Dave (when DON'T they spoil me?) and then Saturday is my birthday soiree at the Tiki Bar. Dave and Di are performing one of my favourite cabaret numbers that they do and then my Argentinean friend, Eddie and I are doing a milonga together which will be loads of fun. Admittedly, having my birthday there is a bit of a revenue raising excercise but I know everyone will love the bar. I love Di and David and I really want to see their dream succeed. They really deserve it.
Off to enjoy my weekend. Besos para todos.
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Monday, September 11, 2006
Friday, September 08, 2006
Thursday, September 07, 2006
- Freedom Of Choice. You have a thing that comes with your television called a remote control which has a few functions. One of them allows you to change the channel and another can switch it off all together. You should be asking yourself why your kids aren't in bed on a school night when it's 9.45pm.
- Accountability. If you're worried about your kids and what they are reading,watching or listening to, perhaps you should question your parenting skills and what you're allowing your children to bring into the house. Why don't you,oh I don't know, consider sitting down with your off spring and having a rational discussion with them?
- Getting A Fucking Life. If you are worrying about unrealistic shite like Big Brother and the no personality show ponies they have as housemates, you've got some serious fucking questions you should be asking yourselves.
Here's another thought for you... instead of getting irate about lesbo femmo pinko commos making quips about Our Stevo or your kids viewing what they've probably being doing for quite a while (get with the program- if you grew up in the 70's, you were getting fingered behind the shelter sheds at the age of 13), why don't you direct your horny young sprogs to causes like Amnesty International, Oxfam or a local environmental project? Or see what you can do in your community for the disadvantaged? Then you might be too busy thinking of others and perhaps feeling good for doing something for your fellow man instead of boring us all to death with boring cliches of everyday sensationalised bullshit...
Peace,love and tree hugging hippies xxxx
BTW if you wish to read the whole article, go here - http://www.guardian.co.uk/australia/story/0,,1865124,00.html#article_continue
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
- Some Velvet Morning- Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazelwood
- The Big Boss Groove/Shout To The Top/Walls Come Tumbling Down/Come to Milton Keanes- The Style Council
- Dancing Barefoot- Patti Smith
- Blitzkrieg Bop/Beat On The Brat/Sheena Is A Punk Rocker/I Just Wanna Have Something To Do/Do You Remember Rock and Roll Radio?/I Wanna Be Sedated/The KKK Took My Baby Away-The Ramones
- Give Him the Ooh La La- Blossom Dearie
- 24 Hour Party People- The Soundtrack
- Pills,Thrills and Bellyaches- Happy Mondays
- Cha Cha Cha D'Mour/Sway- Dean Martin
- Pacific - 808 State
- Kennedy- The Wedding Present
- Monkey's Gone To Heaven/La La Love You- The Pixies
- Rant In E Minor- Bill Hicks
- A Love Supreme- John Coltrane
- A Town Called Malice/That's Entertainment- The Jam
- Go Slow- Julie London
- Diamond Dogs/Ziggy Stardust/Suffragette City/Rebel Rebel- His Bowieness
- Maggie Mae-Rod Stewart
- Yeh Yeh- Georgie Fame
- Give Me Just A Little More Time- Chairman Of The Board
- It's Tricky- Run DMC
- Dirty Boots/Kool Thing/Disappearer/Teenage Riot/100%- Sonic Youth
- Heavenly Pop Hit/I Love My Leather Jacket/Wet Blanket/Pink Frost- The Chills
- Salt Peanuts/Scrapple From The Apple- Charlie Parker & Dizzy Gillespie
- All Blues- Miles Davis
- Famous Blue Raincoat/I'm Your Man/Tower Of Song- Leonard Cohen