Friday, September 22, 2006

Last Day of Virgo

The end of another week and I am champing at the bit for this day to end and for my weekend to begin. It's been an odd week filled with both weird and wonderful. Wednesday was fantastic. It's one of the best birthdays I've had in a long time. I spent the day having lunch at the St. Kilda sea baths with my family and Cathryn and afterwards, Cath and I drove over to spend the afternoon with Gayle,Dean,Kirra,Ollie & James. They gave me a cake - well, sticky date pudding with 3 candles on top which Ollie loved blowing out! Cath and I spent the afternoon running around after him and were exhausted by the time we climbed back in the car and went home! Bless him. I loved it at tango- having all the tangueros line up to dance 8 bars of a tango with me. I was presented with a beautiful bunch of flowers and lots of well wishes. I feel really blessed. I found out today that I didn't get that job I applied for. I don't really mind and I'm not surprised. I walked out the interview knowing I didn't have that job. Perhaps my destiny is to get off my large derriere and write that cook book. If I dare, I might win. I am sick of being in offices ,working for wankers I can't stand. I'm very tired and looking forward to stopping for a while to watch a movie and sleep in one, continuous stretch. Looks like I'll be booking that one in for next week.. Anyway, it's Friday afternoon and the work week is almost done. Off to tango tonight to look after the punters and make sure they are happy. Then, this girl can finally sleep.

2 comments:

Lee Bemrose said...

And good luck with your crush tonight.

Lola Lopez said...

Thanks Lee.. do you have any advice?
I'm soooo out of touch with this sort of thing- I don't know what I'm doing!!

Or doesn't anyone know what they're doing?