Monday, October 26, 2009

A Little Buenos Aires On A Saturday Night

"Buy me what I want or you lose an eye!" Eugenio y Fernando with la torta de cumpleanos Cake and sparklers La Milonguita con un copa de vino Malbec.. muy bien!
Sarah y Eugenio
My housemate, Sarah has just begun dating a man from Uruguay. It was his birthday on Saturday and he kindly invited us both to his birthday shindig which was held at El Gaucho Argentinean grill on Nicholson St, Nth Carlton. It was nice to be surrounded by Argentinos and South Americans in general again.
Sooo good to eat parrilla again! My bife de chorizo wasn't as good as I hoped it would be as it wasn't cooked 'a punto' (medium rare). I did try something that I didn't when I was in B's A's and that was the offal platter. It wasn't too bad but I found I couldn't eat that much of it and also tried the famous morcilla (blood sausage) which is actually quite tasty!
I was meant to meet up with other people at Yah Yah's in Collingwood to see The Shimmys final gig but I was having such a good time at El Gaucho, I sent a text and cancelled. The group of people were all so friendly and I was enjoying the conversation and natural warmth of the people there. I'll definatly go back there to try other cuts of meat and throw back a few more glasses of that fabulous Malbec...

4 comments:

dam buster said...

mmmm Chorizo....

Lola Lopez said...

MMM beef and Sth American hombres!

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun times. I am so jealous! How often you get to visit B's A's? I just found your blog while trying to learn more about tango, I love the whole tone and look of it. Keep it up!

dam buster said...

By the way i love the red dress with eh polka dots.