Monday, October 23, 2006

Wicked Game

As you've gathered from posts in recent weeks, I've been relying on certain artists to get me through this thing called life. This week's support system (translation- obsession) is Mr Chris Isaak. Melody Angel and I have been leaving You Tube clips of this tube of wonderful on each other's My Space pages and it has turned the Milongita into a wobbling mass of jelly. Que rico! So I dug through the stack of CD's in my shelf and found my copy of his Wicked Game album and discovered a few things:

  1. This album still stands up and sounds fresh after 16 years
  2. His voice is magical
  3. After much tut tutting from Cocktail Kev, I have proved that Chris Isaak IS Tiki
  4. Isaak is still dead fucking hot and sexy

Above all, Wicked Game is an amazing song. From that beautiful guitar to the gorgeous lyrics it transcends you to a different place. I'm listening to it whilst writing this blog. We can even almost forgive him for using Helena Christianson in the video clip because he looks so goddamn sexy in in it himself.

The world was on fire and no one could save me but you

It's strange what desire will make foolish people do

I never dreamed that I'd meet somebody like you

I never dreamed I'd love somebody like you

I don't want to fall in love

No I don't want to fall in love with you

What a wicked game to play

To make me feel this way

What a wicked thing to do

To let me dream of you

What a wicked thing to say

You never felt this way

What a wicked thing to do

To make me dream of you

And I don't want to fall in love

No I don't want to fall in love with you

I never dreamed that I'd love somebody like you

I never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you

No I don't want to fall in love

No I don't want to fall in love with you

This world is only gonna break your heart

3 comments:

Lee Bemrose said...

Wow. You read the words, you hear the music, you feel the emotion.

knifey said...

I saw in an interview recently, that he's 50???!! How exactly does someone of that age look so goddamn awesome?

Lola Lopez said...

Maybe it's because he never married and doesn't have relationships?!