Thursday, October 12, 2006

Riding The Emotional Rollercoaster

Jeezy creezy what a week! Up until last night, I was ready to fly to Guyana for a Jonestown cocktail. It started last Thursday when I woke up with the mean reds and that oh too familiar case of 'everybody hates me'. Friday was of a similar vein and a quiet night at Sidewalk didn't help. I woke up on Saturday and the beautiful day made me feel better. I thought in light of this, I should do something nice for myself. I was walking past a beauty shop on my way to the market and I enquired about facial waxing prices. The prices were cheaper than my usual girl and before I could turn to leave, she said "we do for you now!" An hour later, I realised this chicky had turned me into a deformed mong. She burnt my face! I had blisters on the left side of my jaw and she had pulled skin from my chin and left eyelid. So I have been putting paw paw ointment on my face all week to attempt to heal my afflictions and thankfully this has worked. Now my face has broken out in zits and I now have a pizza face. To add to the mong factor of the same day, I also swallowed the back on my piercing... it was plastic and didn't notice I was chewing it with my food!! I've gone back to metal as a precaution. I've gone through a myriad of emotions-I've been odd sock-ish and I've definatly been whore-monal. Yesterday I even contemplated taking today off to see my doctor to ask her to medicate me to the eyeballs because I had seriously had enough. However, I woke up this morning feeling like it's a brand new day and that everything was so much better. Oh yes, THAT time o' the month (without going into too much detail) and this girl is dancing on the ceiling.. This week, I've reconnected with an old friend who's run the gamut of emotions with me. Vince Jones, you velvet smooth voiced saint... thanks for sharing this trying time with me. I don't know if I could have handled it without you crooning in my ears and carrying me through. Snaps to Blossom Dearie,Sonny Rollins, Benny Goodman,Artie Shaw,Dizzy & Bird,Billie,Ella and Louis Armstrong. See you next time for another week of homicidal rage....

No comments: