Monday, October 02, 2006

My Wheat and Milk Free Life

I finally relented and have decided to listen to Aurette, my gorgeous homeopath and have begun to cut out the things in life that have been affecting my health. My two big loves in life are beer and pasta and I've had to say good bye to them.. but I think it will be all worth it if I - A. Feel a lot better and B. Drop the excess weight I've been carrying for a while. I have to say it was pretty depressing last week not being able to get into a dress similar to this: Okay, granted these dresses are generally made for Chinese women who are pretty bloody small and I am a curvy dame. However, they do make them in extra large (which is seriously nothing in Western terms) and it would be nice to get into one! Even Di who is tiny, had to buy 2 sizes up in one of these than what she normally gets into. Still, it's disconcerting when you have a look in your head and it's unachievable due to your beer gut, thunder thighs and barge arse. I also have child bearing hips even though I don't need them! I also like the thought of feeling healthy in body,mind and spirit. I don't know why I persist in eating foods that bloat and give my stomach pains. I think we need to stop being a slave to our taste buds and start experiencing good food. I've been checking out all these alternatives to wheat and also discovering how many things contain the stuff! I ate white rice today and have decided to kick that to the kerb as well- it's hasn't really agreed with me. Milk was the hard one because as all who know me know, I am the queen o' the latte. There was no way I was going to have soy lattes so I had long blacks last week but they had me resembling Katherine Hepburn in her later years.. My friend Melanie, who is a dedicated soy latte drinker assurred me that it's all in the brand of soy they use and gave me a few names. I have to agree with her. I've had 2 now and they aren't all bad. The one I had years ago was the worst thing I had ever tasted and I swore I would never try another one but hey, never say never. I know what to look for now. I'm fortunate that my friend Jo is very knowledgeble in organics,wheat and dairy free diets and the best things to have so I'm not lost. I'm not a junk food eater so chocolate,cake, burgers,etc aren't a problem to me. I am in love with pasta but I have come to realise that it hasn't been loving me of late! I'm dreaming of having tonnes of energy, fitness, a toned Pilates body but still have my curvy dame bits and wearing that dress. Here goes nothing....

2 comments:

Lee Bemrose said...

Machiato with a caress of real dairy... heaven.

Lola Lopez said...

Hey a latte with real milk is heaven! But I have to give this a go!
I drink too much coffee as it is anyway!
Healthy Milongita all the way.
I'm not giving up wine and cocktails though!