Monday, December 06, 2004

Kill Your Television

I hate Summer hiatis. Why do they schlump on the WORST telly imaginable?? Although Jackie Brown was a relief to the usual shite on Sunday night (hey I rhymed)! I used to love my Monday night viewing of Queer Eye, Sex In The City and Six Feet Under, Denton and John Saffran V God (although a short series). I cannot believe they are re running Seinfeld for the 400th time. I've just watched That 70's Show which is okay and currently enduring The Great Outdoors. Maybe it's the gods telling me to get off my sizeable arse and do something else like the dishes, make my dinner or write boring blogs about why TV sucks arse at the moment... My dream re runs are of Six Feet Under, Twin Peaks,Northern Exposure and Sex In The City every night. Northern Exposure... how I miss going to bed with visions of Joel Fleishmann and Chris in The Morning,Afternoon and Night.... mmmmmmm. Reality of course would have me waking up with Holling Vincouer and Maurice Minifield. How about some better films? They seem to re run the same bloody 6 films. Thank God for SBS and Channel 2. I flicked on the the ABC yesterday and watched a doco on Brian Wilson (man is he looking worse for wear), a repeat of an interview with Hank Rollins and a doco of a German jazz muso named Eddie Rosen which was very interesting. God I hate Sophie Faulkner. Although Tom the Chippy isn't a bad perv.... Okay time to grab the remote and switch to KILL....

No comments: