Friday, December 11, 2009

Stray Dogs And Insomnia

Last night I got home from seeing Royal Crown Revue and was met at the gate by a dog that is not ours. She was a friendly thing, wanting to shake hands and have her belly patted. After doing this for a few minutes, I had to retreat due to exhaustion plus my high heels were killing me so I told her to go home. I went inside,told the housemate about the dog and she said that she'd been out there for a few hours. Realising she probably got scared during the storm and did a runner, we decided to hold her overnight and call the council to try and find the owner in the morning.

This doggy rewarded this lovely gesture by keeping me awake most of the night wanting to play and pacing back and forth to the water dish (loud drinker). By daylight, I figured she may need to get out and do her business,so I opened the front door and out she trotted. I went out to get her and she was gone. Oops.

Sarah went out the front to look for her and the lolly pop lady who stands out the front of our house (we live across from a primary school) said that a lady jogger came back and called the dog by name and she happily ran after her. At least we reunited them. Job done, I necked a couple of coffees and dragged my old bones into the office. I am craving a long kip and a bowl of soup.

Oh and looking forward to a dog free night... woof...

2 comments:

dam buster said...

Gee so if say someone was to turn up on your door step would you rub their tummy?? he he only kidding.

Good deeds Mags.

Lola Lopez said...

Only if it was Buddha and it brought me good luck...