Friday, November 27, 2009

Friday.. I'm In Love...

I'm wearing a moustache today. I look ridiculous but I don't care. I have encouraged our business unit to support Movember and I am backing it to the hilt. We went out and bought a heap of fake moustaches from the $2 shop and I'm selling them off for $3 a pop. Mixed reaction to it but a few people have got into the spirit of it. I think it's fun and hope more awareness is raised as well as funds for this very worthy cause. Speak up, menfolk,if you feel any sort of twinge that isn't right or if you are sad and confused. It's okay to do so. I'm wearing a moustache for you. Tonight is our fortnightly gathering of the 'girls who do cocktails and dinner'. One of us is newly single as of a week ago so we are now the 'single girls who do drinks and dinner'. We normally go to a different bar for drinks but she's still feeling out of it so we're going to her place. I'll make dinner and she'll mix the Old Fashioned's. Accompanied with bossa nova tunes on the record player (yes-vinyl people- for those under the age of 20- ask your mum and dad what they are)and good company, it should be a great night. My friend,Steve is starting a night at the Exford tonight and if I feel okay, I may drop in. He has sterling taste in music and it would be good to go out for a boogie. Tomorrow-the Hello Sailor vintage fair is happening at the Grace Darling hotel in Collingwood so I want to head down there to hopefully snaffle a few vintage goodies. I need a bit of jewellery and new belts. I am not allowed to buy any more shoes. I am on a self imposed shoe ban. I seriously own about 40 pairs including 7 pairs of tango shoes! Which is quite modest compared to a few tangueras I know. "Seven pairs? I mock you with your paltry amount of tango shoes!!" I'm wondering if my amiga Sabrina will need to add on a shoe wing to her new house in Maroubra that her and her novio recently purchased. So here we are again - fin de la semana-the weekend. Rest up,enjoy,eat,drink,love,dance,sleep and be safe.

9 comments:

dam buster said...

Nice work on the Mo. Which style are you wearing today Mags?

hope you have a great weekend.

Lola Lopez said...

I'm wearing the Casanova 'tash. Well I was- I wore it to have coffee with my friend at Brother Baba Budan and it's now on their coffee machine. Will post photos up next week-forgot to bring my USB cable.
I hope you have a fantastico weekend as well- what's on??

dam buster said...

excellent work Mags. I will think of you when I have my prostate checked. . . . only kidding.

tonight is the second xmas party which is a cocktail party at crown. this is much bigger than last weeks and should be a good night.

Lola Lopez said...

Ooh arr.. cocktails at Crown.. woo hoo! Make sure you order a classic cocktail or two - a Manhattan or a Dirty Martini perhaps? Make sure they use Tanqeray gin if you do go the Martini... the only one to use.
Are you getting 'suited up' for the occassion? Did any of my tips from last week's blog help at all?

dam buster said...

Well when I say Cocktail Party it will probably mean Cocktail attire and free beer and wine.

Suiting up yes.. No tie.. Going for a classic Suit with great open collared shirt. Alas no retro gear.

Lola Lopez said...

I would imagine that no where in Crown would make a decent cocktail at all. Maybe you should head home via Manchuria or 1806.. google for details...
Maybe you'll meet a nice chica and you can take her there for a nightcap and a quiet chat?
Good luck on that front.

dam buster said...

Thanks Mags,

I subscribe to alley life which has reviews on heaps of city bars. I should visit them more often!

Have a good one yourself.

Lola Lopez said...

I want a full report on Monday (if you survive)!

TANVER KHAN said...

Your articles are very useful. This was a wonderful site and I really enjoy it the data you shared.