Thursday, July 09, 2009

A Month From Today....

Wow I can't believe that this time next month, I'll be in Buenos Aires. That's just too much for me to contemplate at the moment! Instead of becoming overwhelmed by what I need to do before I get on the plane, I'm allowing myself to think of the things I want to do and might actually do whilst I'm there;

  • Tango tango and more tango
  • Milongas most evenings
  • Private lessons during the day
  • Spending the days walking through all the different neighbourhoods
  • Cafe con leche and cake at Cafe Tortoni
  • Op shopping and hoping I'll snaffle great things like a faux leopard print coat in my size!
  • Shopping for the perfect pair(s) of tango shoes (comme il fait, Gretaflora,neotango,whatever!).
  • Meeting all sorts of people
  • Street tango in Camanito and San Telmo
  • Mass beef consumption
  • Sharing mate (pr MAH TAY) with porteƱos
  • Late lunches followed by a siesta
  • Spending a day at Recoleta Cemetary
  • Seeing a soccer match and embracing the chaos
  • Getting piropas in the street
  • Go to Uruguay or Mendoza for a couple of days

Above all, I'm looking forward to arriving there with no expectations and soaking in everything Buenos Aires has to offer. It will be good to be able to put this month behind me and enjoy the 3 weeks I'll have there.

May it give me the strength and inspiration I need.

6 comments:

dam buster said...

sounds awesome MM. Very jealous of you.

Lola Lopez said...

I'm sure you won't be jealous of the 2 million things I have to do before I actually get to the airport!
But thanks for your jealousy...

dam buster said...

No not jealous of the things to do!

Do you still have to pack up your things etc?

Lola Lopez said...

At this point, yes... still have no idea what I'm doing either!

dam buster said...

oh dear! so sitll not sure where you are going to move?

tangocherie said...

Margarita, let me know when you're in BsAs!