Wow I can't believe that this time next month, I'll be in Buenos Aires. That's just too much for me to contemplate at the moment! Instead of becoming overwhelmed by what I need to do before I get on the plane, I'm allowing myself to think of the things I want to do and might actually do whilst I'm there;
- Tango tango and more tango
- Milongas most evenings
- Private lessons during the day
- Spending the days walking through all the different neighbourhoods
- Cafe con leche and cake at Cafe Tortoni
- Op shopping and hoping I'll snaffle great things like a faux leopard print coat in my size!
- Shopping for the perfect pair(s) of tango shoes (comme il fait, Gretaflora,neotango,whatever!).
- Meeting all sorts of people
- Street tango in Camanito and San Telmo
- Mass beef consumption
- Sharing mate (pr MAH TAY) with porteños
- Late lunches followed by a siesta
- Spending a day at Recoleta Cemetary
- Seeing a soccer match and embracing the chaos
- Getting piropas in the street
- Go to Uruguay or Mendoza for a couple of days
Above all, I'm looking forward to arriving there with no expectations and soaking in everything Buenos Aires has to offer. It will be good to be able to put this month behind me and enjoy the 3 weeks I'll have there.
May it give me the strength and inspiration I need.